Enviroseal is a sealing solution for electronic components that is also know as vacuum impregnation. The Enviroseal process is highly effective for wires, wire harnesses, terminated connectors, thermistors, over-molded coil windings, and insert and injection mold components that are exposed to harsh environmental conditions.
Enviroseal is effective for wires, wire harnesses, terminated connectors, thermistors, over-molded coil windings, and insert and injection mold components that are exposed to harsh environmental conditions. The sealing process ensures part integrity. There is no change in the appearance or dimensional attributes of the components.
Enviroseal sealing of these types of components can be performed more economically than applying epoxies and silicone blockers. Additionally, our Enviroseal process is a consistent batch process as compared to hand or spray-on applications.
Tiny voids, holes and micro leak paths are inherent in many molded electronic components and wires. These conditions can result in intrusion of foreign materials such as humidity, salt spray, oil, and other corrosive agents, which can ultimately lead to part or field failure.
Our Enviroseal process provides advanced sealing technology capabilities include using the latest evolutionary resin technology thereby creating high sealing yields. The resin used is a very high quality cured polymer, which resists common solvents, including: oils, glycol, chlorinated and fluorinated solvents, mild caustics, acid solutions and water. The resin is formulated with the highest quality monomers to maximize the service operating range of the polymer. The resin is capable of continuous operating temperatures of up to 177 C (350 F).
The Enviroseal process fills and permanently seals the leak paths and voids of the part. This process is effective, efficient and consistent; saving you the time and resources associated with failed or suspect components in the field.
Components currently being sealed in our Enviroseal process include
- ABS Brake Sensors
- Fuel Vapor Management Systems
- Fuel Tank Power Pass-Throughs
- Marine Outboard Motor Sensors
- Fuel Injector Systems
- Wire Harnesses
- EFS Sensors
- Speed Sensors
- Bulk Pre-cut Wires
Properties of the Cured Resin
- When cured, the resin maintains flexibility
- The cured resin has characteristics of a firm, but flexible plastic
- Hardness Shore D (ASTMD2240) 60
- Temperature capability, 350 F (177 C) continuous service
- Dialectric Constant (ASTMD-150) @100 Hz 3.85, @1KHz 3.60, @1MHz 3.2
- Resistant to common solvents, including oil, glycol, chlorinated and fluorinated solvents, mild caustics and acid solutions
- Cured resin contains a UV dye that will allow detection with a black light
What are we replacing
- Potting compounds
- Silicone blocked wire
- Glues or other topical adhesives
- Labor intensive operations
- No dimensional changes
- High capacity and quick turn around
- Economic advantages
- Increased customer satisfaction
What is NOT Affected
- Dimensional attributes
- Electrical properties
- Terminals, leads or pins
- There is no exterior visual evidence of sealing